Don Hunter established his three-person firm in 1953 in Sharon. At that time, the design profession was very much a decentralized enterprise - many small firms existed across Pennsylvania in small towns as well as larger urban areas.
As Hunter Heiges grew by retaining its clients as well as winning new ones, the firm took on more partners. In the following decades, the firm expanded to a satellite office in Meadville and staff size grew.
By the 1990s, the design industry had joined the trend toward business acquisition and consolidation. In 2000, HHSDR moved its satellite office to Pittsburgh to take advantage of the opportunities available in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Throughout all of the changes in the industry over the past 65 years, HHSDR has maintained the ability to retain clients over several years and multiple assignments. It has done so by providing personal, high-quality service to its loyal clients.
Click on the links below to view our firm profiles: